In this episode of Law and Society, Andrew discusses the Fourth Amendment and your rights in regard to searches:
- What can be searched and under what circumstances?
- What is a warrant and how do the police get one?
- Can the police search without a warrant?
- Can the police search my car if they pull me over?
- What is “probable cause” and what does it include?
- Why is consent to searches such a problem?
- Can I stop the search after I’ve given consent?
- Do police need a warrant to take my cellphone?
- Do I have to give law enforcement the passcode to my phone?