Getting Your Children Back

Get Your Children Back

Child Protective Services (CPS) can take your children on an emergency basis if you are suspected of child abuse. Many people do not realize that they can contact an attorney when this happens. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect your parental rights.

You can rely on my experience in cases of false allegations of child abuse and shaken baby syndrome (SBS). I know how to protect your rights when Child Protective Services steps in. I can represent you before charges are filed and all the way through the end of the case. With offices in Lancaster and Athens, I have more than 20 years of experience representing Ohio clients in these matters. I can help you get your kids back.

I Can Represent You In CPS Matters

Ohio CPS may intervene while you are still at the hospital with your child. They will have been informed by the hospital staff that your child's injuries were caused by shaking or other abuse. CPS is not on your side in this situation. The case worker may falsely promise to return your child if you cooperate, which often means getting you to confess to a crime you did not commit. Your statements can be used against you later in juvenile court proceedings regarding custody, as well as in the criminal case.

It is best to speak with a lawyer before making statements to CPS. I know their tactics and can protect your rights by ensuring you do not say anything that can harm your case. I can also help your family if CPS wants to interview your other children.

In some cases, CPS seeks temporary or permanent custody of your children through the juvenile courts. Custody of all children in the home may be sought even if there are no allegations of abuse against the other children. Working with a lawyer during this process is crucial. I will defend your parental rights in juvenile court, which lays the foundation for the defense of the criminal case against you. Sometimes, a win in juvenile court will prevent criminal charges from being filed.

Whether you have been charged with child abuse or are being investigated by Child Protective Services, you need a lawyer immediately. Call my office today.