In this episode Law and Society, Andrew discusses the crime of complicity and how a very small thing can have enormous consequences, and the phenomenon called the “bystander effect.”
- What is “Complicity”?
- Will I get punished if I’m hanging out with friends who commit a crime?
- Can I get punished if I give someone a ride who commits a crime?
- What is the UCLA experiment?
- What is the “Bystander Effect”?
- What is the Latane and Darley experiment?
- Why do people tend to not get involved if others are present?